Monday, December 28, 2009

Yum Yum .... my rendition of shepherds pie

I enjoy shepherds pie, but I do not love it, and find it rather plain most of the time. But tonight after playing around with it again, I think I've finally created a good rendition of shepherds pie. So here is my version, make it, see what you think.

1 pound ground beef
1 small bag of mixed frozen veggies
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 small onion diced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 bag of frozen hashbrowns (thawed) or 2 cups dehydrated hashbrowns (rehydrate them)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
3 cups of prepared mashed potatoes (use instant, or I use leftovers from other dinners)

brown ground beef with onion, drain fat. add mixed veggies and saute over medium heat, adding salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Add mushroom soup and milk, heat through. Set aside. pour hashbrowns into a lightly greased 13x9 pan, top with meat mixture, top with 1 cup of cheese, spread with mashed potatoes, bake in oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, top with rest of cheese and bake and additional 15 minutes..

No comments: