I bought myself this "taste of home" cookbook last Christmas and have really loved it very much. The other day I made "dads chocolate chip cookies" on page 668, and loved them. The kids have gobbled them all up, and why not, they are soft and full if chocolate buttery yumness...
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup shortening ( i use butter flavor crisco)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. in a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, and sugars until they are all nice and fluffy
2. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda. Add to creamed mixture add chocoyummy chips, and DON'T OVER MIX just combine...
3. drop tablespoon size heaps onto an ungreased baking sheet. Don't forget to eat some dough!!!
4. bake 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees, remove and cool on racks
5. now go get some milk and chomp...chomp...chomp
6 1/2 dozen