Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easy lemon and coconut cake



I decided that today called for something a little sweet, but the baby is so sick and I can't leave the house. So I went on a pantry treasure hunt to see what was on hand, and luckily I had a few yummies that when combined have made a pretty delumcious cake.

What you will need:

1 box lemon cake mix
1 container cool whip
2 cups shredded coconut (toasted)

I started by baking the cake according to directions.
Then as it cooled I toasted the coconut. Very simple, turn your oven to 300 degrees, put coconut onto a cookie sheet and put in oven, only for about 8 minutes give or take, and check it often as you will want to give it a little stir to make sure it browns evenly. Be careful because even a few seconds to long and you'll have a nice smokey blackened coconut, I guess you could call it cajun??!!
Then when cake is completely cool spread it with the cool whip, sprinkle on the coconut, and YUM your done.

No comments: