I don't even know what to call these, but they are pretty darn yummilicious. Inspired by my friend Staci, these cupcakes were a big hit with the kids and hubby today.
You will need:
1 package chocolate fudge instant jello pudding mix
1 can any frosting you desire
2 /3 cup butter softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1. Prepare pudding according to box directions, use the directions to prepare it for a pie. Refrigerate until set firm
2. Cream butter and sugar together untill all light and fluffy like.
3. stir in vanilla
4. Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition
5. in a seperate bowl sift together the flour and baking powder. Then sift it again.
6. Combne the flour mixture and the butter mixture alternately with the milk.
Now get your pudding out of the fridge.
7. Line your muffin pan with paper liners and using a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure layer your muffins like so : 1 tablespoon of cake batter, then 1/2 tablesppon of pudding, then 1 table spoon of cake batter. I spread each layer out with the back of a spoon before adding the next.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Now don't be alarmed if some of your pudding sorta volcanos out of the cupcake, that is normal. You will still have plenty of pudding in the center of your cakes.
Let cupcakes cool completely before you frost with frosting of your choice..