Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pancit Sotanghon... my way




You will Need:

2lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced thinly

4 large carrots, chopped

4 celery stalks, chopped

2 medium zucchini, chopped

1 onion chopped

1 head of cabbage shredded

3 cloves of garlic finely diced

2 packages of rice noodles (as pictured)

3 tbl. oil for cooking

soy sauce to taste


Step 1: is of course to gather your ingredients and get your prep work done. I chop all of my veggies up, and put them in a dish. Then I get my chicken cut up and set it aside.

Step 2: in a large deep skillet heat oil over medium high heat, add garlic and onion, cook a few minutes, add chicken and cook until almost done, add all other veggies and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium and let cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender.


Step 3: while veggies are cooking, soak noodles in a large bowl of hot tap water for about 5 minutes, drain and set aside.

Step 4: when veggies are cooked, toss in noodles too combine, serve with soy sauce on the side for taste.

This is our favorite Filipino dish.... my mommy taught me to make.



No comments: