I have to share this wonderful recipe with all of you. We had it for dinner last week, and it was such a big hit. You can always substitute the pork chops for chicken breasts as well. My favorite part was that it was so fast and easy. Prep time is a few minutes and then the oven does the work, as a busy mom of 6, fast and easy dinners that make everybody smile are a necessity to the recipe box. On the side we had the very best baked beans ever...but that recipe is a secret :) Enjoy!
You will need:
a large family pack of boneless pork chops
1 family size can of cream of chicken soup
1 packet dry onion soup mix
3 cups rice uncooked
5 cups water
salt and pepper
- - - In a large bowl combine cream soup and onion soup mix.
- - - salt an pepper the pork chops
- - - spray a 13x9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray, and pour uncooked rice into dish
- - - roll each pork chop into the cream soup mix and then place on top of rice
- - - add the 5 cups of water to remaining soup mixture and blend together well. Pour over top of pork chops and rice.
- - - bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until rice it tender and pork is fully cooked