I love this dish. I make it for company all the time, and it is my most requested recipe. I keep saying that I'm going to post it for everyone, and finally here it is. I hope you all enjoy it.
YOU WILL NEED:
2lbs - - boneless skinless chicken breast (sliced very very thin)
1/8 -- cup of oil for cooking
2 -- large carrots shredded
1 -- package chopped frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
2 -- 16oz. jars of your favorite brand alfredo sauce
1 -- package oven ready lasagna noodles
1 -- 16oz container of small curd cottage cheese
1 -- 8oz package of shredded italian cheese blend
3 -- large eggs
2 -- cups shredded cheddar cheese , divided
2 -- teaspoon of garlic powder
3 -- tablespoon of dry italian seasoning, divided
WHAT YOU DO:
1. in a large deep skillet heat oil over medium heat, add sliced chicken, garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of dry italian seasoning, and cook until chicken is almost cooked through, add shredded carrots and spinach to skillet and cook over medium heat until carrots are tender and cooked through. Add alfredo sauce , turn off heat and mix until well combined. set aside (save 1 of the alfredo sauce jars you will use the sauce left in the jar.)
2. In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, italian cheese blend, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, eggs, and 2 tablespoons of dry italian seasoning until well combined.
3. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Remember the empty jar of sauce you saved? There should be sauce in it that stuck to the jar. pour 1/4 cup of milk into jar, close lid and shake. Pour that into your dish, it will prevent the noodles from burning and sticking to have a bit of sauce on the bottom of your dish.
4. Now it is time to layer your ingredients. First place your uncooked noodles about 3-4 depending on your pan into dish, spread about 2 cups of you meat sauce onto noodles, then a layer of cheese mixture - about 2 cups. ( I don't know for sure how much sauce or cheese mix for each layer. I eyeball it, you'll have to do the same, but I'm thinking about 2 - 2 1/2 cups) Continue layering in this order, ending with a cheese layer. Sprinkle 1 cup of reserved cheddar cheese on top and cover with aluminum foil
5. Bake at 400 degrees covered for 45 minutes, uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Let lasagna cool for 15 minutes before serving.