Thursday, October 27, 2011

Easy Pizza Crust

I love homemade pizza, well pizza of any kind is just my fave food. There is something wonderful about homemade pizza though, lots of lovin in the oven!! I thought I'd share my favorite pizza crust recipe. If you are making a big 1/2 size sheet pan like I did you'll need to double the recipe. 








You will need:

2/3 cup hot water
1 package dry active yeast
1tsp salt
1tblspn sugar
1/4 cup oil
4 cups flour


Add yeast, sugar and salt to water, in you mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve yeast and let sit for a few minutes until frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients to the yeast mixture. (I use a kitchenaid stand mixer) on speed 2, with your dough hook, let the dough knead for 15 minutes. If it is to sticky add a bit of flour until it is elastic in texture.
Place dough in a well oiled bowl and turn to coat the dough with oil. Cover with a warm damp towel and let rise for 45 - 60 minutes until doubled in size. Punch dough down and now roll it out on a floured surface to make pizza crust.
Top with you fave sauce, and toppings. Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 15-25 minutes (cook time varies depending on size, shape and thickness of your pizza, so check it after 15 mins and cook accordingly)
Our pizza pictured about was topped with, spaghetti sauce, ground bee, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, mushrooms, olives, green  peppers, and red onions.
My favorite toppings though are , Alfredo sauce, chicken, green peppers, red onion, and diced tomato!!! YUM

No comments: