Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oatmeal Banana Muffins


I was experimenting this morning and ended up making a very nice banana muffin. We have oodles of oatmeal, but I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal for breakfast. So I try to use it in other things. These muffins turned out awesome, and I'm pretty happy with myself for throwing them together with no recipe.

2 cups Flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
3 medium mashed bananas
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix or you'll end up with dry crumbly muffins. Fill muffin tin 2/3 full and bake for 20 mins at 350 degrees. This made 18 muffins.

Next time I'll add walnuts and maybe some shredded carrot.

No comments: