A Few Tips For Better Cookies
1. Use butter or stick margarine with at least 80% oil
2. Measure ingredients accurately
3. Avoid overmixing the dough. If cookie dough is handled to much
your cookies will be tough.
4. Preheat oven for 10-15 minutes
5. use heavy gauge dull aluminum baking sheets. Dark cookie sheets make cookies to brown and crunchy.
6. Make cookies the same size and thickness
7. unless you recipe states otherwise, place cookies 2-3 inches apart.
8. Let cookies cool on pan for 1 minute before transferring
9. Check cookies when minimum time has been reached and bake longer only if needed.
10. NEVER put cookie dough on a hot pan, always use a cool pan.