Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Easy Crochet Winter Headband ---- FREE pattern
Here is a Freebie for you. I use this pattern to make my winter headbands in the shop. They are a fast and easy piece, a great seller, and a perfect accessory.
pattern is written in toddler size with larger sizes in parenthesis.
I hook, worsted weight yarn in any color
ch 52(for toddlers) 62(for children and small heads) 72 (for larger noggins)
1. sc in second chain from hook, sc in next 9 stitches. dc in the next 32 stitches (42) (52), sc in the next 10 stitches, ch1 turn
2. sc in then next 9 sc, dc in the next 32 (42) (52) dc's, sc in the next 10 sc, ch1 turn
3. sc in the next sc, ch1 skip a stitch(button hole), sc in the remaining sc's, dc in all following dc's, sc in the last 10 sc, ch1 turn
4. sc in all remaining sc's, dc in all remaining dc's, sc in last 10 sc's
repeat row 4 if you'd like to make the headband thicker. or ch1 and go to step 5.
5. ch 1 and then sc evenly around the entire headband. **this is a great time to switch colors if you'd like your edge to be a contrasting color than your main headband.
Sew a button onto the opposite end of your button hole
Embellish with your favorite flower.